Changes are coming to Lync Online in Office 365. Lync is joining the Skype family, so in the coming months, Lync will be changing to Skype for Business.
Release date – Skype for Business is generally available since April 14, 2015.
Benefits – After your organization is transitioned to Skype for Business, you and your users will benefit from:
- Skype-inspired design With the same look and feel of the Skype client, your users will benefit from the same familiar user interface and ease of use with the new Skype for Business clients.
- Global reach Voice and video connectivity to the entire Skype network.
- Full Lync feature set Because Skype for Business builds on existing Lync features, no features or functionality will be lost.
What to expect – Everything Lync is becoming Skype for Business.
- Lync 2013 clients are changing to Skype for Business clients.
- Lync Web app is changing to Skype for Business web app.
- Lync admin center is changing to Skype for Business admin center.
- Lync Online is changing to Skype for Business Online.
How to get it – Just update your office 2013 pro plus to the latest version and you will find that Lync has been changed to Skype for Business online
The interface will be changed as below
What’s new in the client , Watch the below video
Sources: Office 365 Technet