Home » Posts tagged 'Mailbox Age and Quota details'
Tag Archives: Mailbox Age and Quota details
Here is an exclusive application to retrieve statistics for all mailboxes in a specified database. The tool currently supports Exchange Server 2010 and 2013. Install the product on one of your Exchange servers.
The tool retrieves mailbox statistics which includes Folder Count, Total Items, Associated Items, Deleted Items, Total Items Size, Deleted Items Size, Oldest Item Date, Newest Item Date, Items Age, Mailbox Age and Quota details. It also includes an additional option named “Archive Statistics Planner” which will let you search mailboxes and provide statistics report with specific dates. More options will be added in future releases.
- You should run this application directly on one of your Exchange servers which holds any of the following roles: Client Access, Hub Transport and Mailbox. Running the application from servers/workstations without active server role is not supported!
- Set PowerShell execution policy to either RemoteSigned or Bypass (Launch Windows PowerShell with Run as Administrator > Execute the following command on shell: Set-ExecutionPolicy “RemoteSigned”
- Exchange Server 2013 Support: It seems to be an old bug (where application failed to load required modules on Exchange Server 2013) reappears in latest version. Download a patch from here (http://sdrv.ms/1dn1fhn) and extract an executable from the zip file and place into the following folder: C:\Program Files\Exchange Server Mailbox Statistics Tool\ (assuming that you already installed latest version of Mailbox Statistics Tool – v1.6.2) Replace an existing executable with this patch. This patch applies to servers running on Exchange Server 2013 only!
- Domain Controller: Is an additional option and selecting this field is not mandatory.
- To scan individual mailboxes, Select MAILBOX mode. Specify multiple mailboxes by separating with comma in the “Specify Individual Mailboxes” field
- To scan individual mailbox, Select MAILBOX mode. Retrieve Exchange Servers > Select Server > Retrieve Databases > Select Database > Retrieve Mailboxes and then select a mailbox
- To scan all mailboxes in a database, Select DATABASE mode. Retrieve Exchange Servers > Slect Server > Retrieve Databases > Select Database
- To scan all mailboxes in a server, Select SERVER mode. Retrieve Exchange Servers > Select Server
- To search mailboxes for statistics with specific dates, go to Options menu and click on “Archive Statistics Planner” which will enable both Oldest Item Date and Newest Item Date fields.
- To select additional statistics, go to Options menu > Statistics
- You can select either of the following report formats: HTML or CSV
Below is an example of how to run the report and initiate a Database report
2- Run the application
3- Now choose the Exchange Server and the Database you want to run the report on and press on Perform Search
4- Sample report will be generated as below
5- You can send this report to yourself by mail as below